Natchitoches Parish School Board
COVID-19 Closure Information and Resources
March 16, 2020
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Will students be counted absent or held accountable for grades during the COVID-19 Closure?
There will be no grades or attendance taken during the closure.
- Will instructional materials or digital learning resources be offered to students during the closure?
YES. All materials will be linked under the Instructional Resources tab and will be available in digital platforms or links to paper copies. The instruction materials we provide are strictly OPTIONAL for students; however, at this time, students are still scheduled to take statewide assessment tests starting April 27. The material will help students stay connected and better prepared for the statewide testing. Teachers may be reaching out to parents and students to encourage them to work on OPTIONAL instruction if they have access to these materials at home.
For students who do not have internet access at home, there is an opportunity to seek free or reduced-cost internet access for families and students through the “Keep Americans Connected” pledge provided by many of our broadband carriers. This information is on our website and is available by clicking on the link above.
- Will breakfast and lunch be provided for our students?
YES. Breakfast and lunch will be combined and available for one pick-up between 9:00 – 11:00 at the previously designated school locations. No meals will be served during our upcoming spring break, March 23-27, 2020.
- Will school events still be held?
The Louisiana High School Athletic Association has suspended all sporting events at this time. We will not have practices or work-outs on campus during this closure. In addition, the closure currently prohibits gatherings of more than 50 people in one location.
- Will LEAP and ACT testing be rescheduled?
The U.S. Department of Education has NOT announced any statewide waivers of assessment requirements; therefore, we will take state testing.
- Spring 2020 assessment windows for grades 3-8 LEAP 2025 will begin no earlier than April 27.
- LEAP 2025 Humanities will begin no earlier than May 4.
- All 11th grade students scheduled for ACT testing at their school site will be rescheduled at a later date and time.