The Instructional Specialist is a critical lever in improving student achievement. The role of the Instructional Specialist is to build teacher capacity and deepen teachers’ understanding of instructional practices as related to Louisiana Student Standards and Data-Driven Instruction.
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- Master’s Degree in Education (preferred)
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience with evidence of successfully impacting student achievement, particularly those who have the greatest needs.
Salary based on teacher pay scale with applicant’s years of experience, and the addition of a substantial Instructional Specialist stipend.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Friday, April 23, 2021
Application packet should consist of the following:
- Evidence of successful teaching experience (for example, VAM, Student Performance Data, COMPASS, CLASS, etc.)
- Original transcripts from institution(s) awarding degree
- Three professional letters of recommendation, one of which is from your immediate supervisor
Submit a ten-to-fifteen-minute video clip of a model lesson involving students or professional development session involving teachers where the applicant is leading the event (share link via Google Drive to email@example.com).