Dear families of M.R. Weaver,
I want to warmly welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year. As your principal, it is my sincere pleasure to work with such a dedicated faculty and staff to help provide an excellent educational experience for your child. We are committed to ensuring that each child that attends M. R. Weaver Elementary receives the best support to learn and grow.
It has been a fantastic start to this unusual school year! While we've had to adjust a few procedures and protocols in the building, our transition back to face to face learning has been seamless. Teachers and staff were able to engage in various forms of professional learning prior to the start of the year that included learning about various technology tools, a rigorous curricular program, and health and safety guidelines.
My vision for M.R. Weaver is to provide students with an educational experience that inspires and motivates them to be lifelong learners and caring contributors to the world around them. Our goal is to provide a nurturing environment that meets the individual needs of each student, both academically and socially.
Families, teachers, support staff, community members, and administration all play a part in helping students develop academically, socially, and emotionally. Together, we can make a positive difference. A strong partnership between home and school fosters greater success for our children. Parents are encouraged to communicate with teachers and staff to foster a successful partnership.
I am excited about the opportunity to work with you and your child to provide a safe and productive learning environment.
Interim Principal, M.R. Weaver Elementary
“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today”.
At M. R. Weaver Elementary School, we are working together to develop tomorrow's leaders.
M.R. Weaver Elementary School will provide effective and rigorous instruction in a safe and supportive environment to develop students who think critically, communicate effectively, respect others, believe in themselves, are resilient, and able to meet any task with confidence.
Weaver Flyers S.O.A.R (Safe, Organized, Attentive, Respectful).
- Every child has an equal right to educational opportunities which accommodate their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual interests
- Students and staff have a right to a safe and orderly school environment
- Students have a right to receive instruction from highly qualified, effective teachers
- Every student has the potential to learn, but may do so at different rates and in different ways
- Each person has intrinsic worth, and therefore should be treated with respect and dignity
- Public education is an active partnership among the school, the student, the home, and the community
Back to School Registration
You may pick up packets beginning August 3rd from the tote located in the front of the school. You may also come to the school and use the outside space provided to complete the registration packet. If you are completing a packet at school, please adhere to the following schedule:
- 3rd Grade Student Registration: Tuesday, August 3rd from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- 4th Grade Student Registration: Wednesday, August 4th from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- New to Parish, make-ups, late drop-offs: Thursday, August 5th from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Government issued ID or Driver's License
- Proof of Residency
- Social security card
- Birth certificate (only if you are new to the parish)
Weaver's 2021 Open House
- Join us on Wednesday, August 4th at 5:30 p.m. for our 2021 Open House event!