Emergency Broadband Benefit Opportunity - Helping Households Connect During the Pandemic
May 13, 2021
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has released initial guidance on both the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) and the Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF).
The Natchitoches Parish School Board encourages the qualifying families of our students to utilize this program to create a more connected learning environment in their home where broadband is available.
After the EBB program opens on May 12, 2021, families can apply by visiting https://GetEmergencyBroadband.org.
Benefits available to qualifying households may include:
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain government assistance programs
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast program
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income or COVID-19 program