Public School Choice
In compliance with state statute and policy, the Natchitoches Parish School board offers Public School Choice for the 2021-2022 school year to the parents of K - 6 students zoned for and enrolled in:
- L.P. Vaughn Elementary (K - 2nd)
- M.R. Weaver Elementary (3rd - 4th)
- East Natchitoches Elementary (5th - 6th)
- Fairview Alpha Elementary (K - 6th)
- Natchitoches Jr. High (7th - 8th)
If changes are made to the state policy regarding Public School Choice causing any school listed above to be excluded from the program, transfers for applications received from those schools will not be made.
The application will be available through August 2, 2021.
- Parents of students registered at one of the above schools may complete an application by clicking the link below.
- Families who are new residents in the attendance zones of these schools or who reside in one of the zones and plan to transfer into the public school system may complete an application and explain their situation in the 'Additional Information' section.
- If you are applying for multiple children, you will need to complete one application per child.
*Applications will not be considered until the student is enrolled in one of the above schools. Do not wait to officially enroll your child at one of the schools listed above before completing the application. Applications will NOT be accepted outside of the application window.
- *In compliance with LA RS 17:4035.1 and BESE Policy, Part XI. Accountability/Testing, Bulletin 111-The Louisiana School, District, and State Accountability System, §2505. Transfer Options [Formerly LAC 28:LXXXIII.2505], Part C (pp 23). State statute and the Louisiana Board of Elementary and Secondary Education policy require local school districts to offer families of students enrolled in schools that receive letter grades of D or F to transfer their children to A, B, and C public schools with sufficient space and no labels. For academic year 2021-2022, Natchitoches Parish School Board will base Public School Choice offerings on the fall 2019 letter grades (column E).