CLICK LINKS BELOW FOR EXTERNAL RESOURCES:
- LOUISIANA BELIEVES TEACHER RESOURCES
- ANCILLARY CERTIFICATE
- TEACHER CERTIFICATION VERIFICATION – TEACH LOUISIANA
- CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Early Childhood Academic Resources
Teaching Strategies developed a free toolkit for supporting families impacted by COVID-19. The Healthy at Home toolkit offers a free selection of resources from The Creative Curriculum® and ReadyRosie™ providing families with information and resources for supporting the children in their care. https://healthyathome.readyrosie.com/en/
Teachstone, creator of CLASS®, has resources for early childhood educators and families to promote interactions and support child learning during COVID-19. Blog posts, webinars, and downloadable resources are available for families and educators to learn about the importance of interactions, plan activities for children, and incorporate CLASS® concepts into daily routines. The CLASS® at Home is another resource for families explaining what domain interactions look like at home and the importance of each.
Louisiana’s Birth to Five Early Learning & Development Standards (ELDS) describes the particular skills and abilities that children need to develop to be successful and provide ideas for fostering their development. https://www.louisianabelieves.com/docs/default-source/academic-standard…
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) offers research-based resources, tips, and ideas for families—from child development to reading, writing, music, math, and more!
Several programs are available to offer tips and resources for families that support early learning through text messages. Message and data rates apply.
- Bright by Text provides quality information and trusted resources to families of children prenatal to age eight partnering with LPB. Text: LPB to 274448. https://www.lpb.org/education/home/bbt
- Vroom offers free, easy-to-use learning tips for children 5 and under, delivered daily directly to your phone. Sign up for free at https://www.vroom.org/
- Ready4K is an evidence-based family engagement curriculum delivered via text messages. Text: Readby4th to 70138. https://ready4k.parentpowered.com/
- FASTalk Direct by Family Engagement Lab is focused on fostering meaningful connections between parents and students that will have a lasting impact on learning, offering grade-level academic and social emotional learning tips. Text: LATIPS to (844) 872-0906. http://www.familyengagementlab.org/
Frog Street’s partner, Education technology provider Age of Learning, is offering families at schools and centers affected by closure free at-home access to research-proven learning resources.
- ABCmouse.com® Early Learning Academy is a comprehensive, research-validated curriculum for children 2-8
- ReadingIQ® is a digital library and literacy platform for children 2-12 designed by reading experts to improve literacy skills.
Families can use the redeem code: SCHOOL3673 to sign up. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with Louisiana Public Broadcasting (LPB), the Department will provide distance and home learning tools for educators, students, and caregivers. This will include:
An online hub for distance learning supports set to launch by March 18. It will include:
- Department-reviewed lessons and resources for math, ELA, social studies, science and early childhood, including links to Tier 1 curriculum resources.
- Increased access to Tier 1 curriculum digital content, including virtual lessons.
- Resources to teach young children about COVID-19.
- Broadcasted educational programming through LPB and YouTube Channels.